Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Unforeseen Obstacles which should have been Foreseen

When one thinks of movies, one thinks of the expense it incurs to treat oneself to seeing something new. Going to the movies costs an arm and a leg, and the popcorn costs the remaining limbs.

So why it did not occur to me that this challenge was going to be expensive is beyond me. I'm going to chalk it up to the fervor of Oscar nomination day.

The silver lining is I am well on my way to making great progress in my quest! With help and permission from my husband, here is what I have in the wings:

Waiting on my DVR: "The Hurt Locker," "Inglourious Basterds," and "District 9." (At $5 a pop, that is $15 that will appear on our next DISH bill.)

DVD's lined up next to my rocking chair: "Bright Star," "Star Trek," "Transformers 2," "Paris 36," "Il Divo," "Food, Inc.," and "Coraline." (These gems cost us $50 at Blockbuster, but put us well on our way to earning a free movie on our rewards card... yippee!)

It was also pointed out to me that to fit every film in, I'd have to watch at least 2 a day during the challenge. Interesting and rational point. But as you can see from this challenge, I'm not so much into rational thinking at the present time.

So... $65 before I've seen the first film, and before I've ventured out to a theatre, in addition to wondering when on earth I'm going to fit all this in definitely gives me pause... I cannot lie.

But doing something just a little left of center gives my spirits a tiny thrill and sets my soul to smiling.

No comments:

Post a Comment