Thursday, February 25, 2010

Glorious Inglourious

I really liked this movie. Again, not up there with my favorites of all time, but I really and truly liked the script and the acting and the pace of the film.

The problem for me was I was in my head too much as I watched it. I had my politically correct filter on and I kept thinking "This has GOT to be offending somebody." I have to admit, though, that I did love Brad Pitt as Lt. Aldo Raine. "When you join my command you take on a debit..."

I don't think I've whined on my blog yet about all the subtitles I've had to read in my quest to see all the Oscar nominated films. I have never had to read more movies in my life. If I thought I was safe with "Inglourious Basterds," I thought wrong. This movie switched languages in the middle of conversations. After a while I could have sworn I was reading French and hearing English.

I'll look forward to watching it again in the following conversations with friends I have who I know for a fact LOVED this movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment