Tuesday, February 9, 2010

French Loops

Not a movie you can put on and work on a project to, since it's subtitled. This movie was nominated for Best Song, but it's up against Disney and hasn't Disney won in this category for the last 82 years or so?

The movie itself was okay. I'm afraid Moulin Rouge has spoiled me for amazing love stories, and I just couldn't get deep enough into the love story of this movie. I did appreciate the element of the father loving and missing his son, however. It was portrayed very tenderly.

I'm no expert, but it just seemed like there were 8 too many story lines going on, and none of them were fully developed. Maybe the French threw me for a loop.

1 comment:

  1. I love me some subtitled French films! My all time favorite is Jean de Florette. But Amelie is also a fav. Actually, that damn movie made me decide it was ok to fall in love, to my chagrin.

    ReplyDelete