Tuesday, September 21, 2010

So Much Time on My Hands

Remember when Sandra Bullock smelled gas on Keanu Reeves after he came up from under the bus? Upon hearing his explanation, she chastises him by saying, "You felt you needed another challenge?"

I think she'd be saying something similar to me these days as I continually stretch the reaches of The Challenge.

I have turned my attention to the category of Adapted Screenplay, a bit by accident. Even with all the hype surrounding "The Social Network" I didn't realize it was based on the novel Accidental Billionaires until I spied the book on my boss' desk. I borrowed it and set about reading it before the October 1st wide-release of the film.

Following that exercise, I thought why not do it with all tracking contenders? So I have borrowed the following from the library: Never Let Me Go, Winter's Bone, Flipped, and Between a Rock and a Hard Place (which has been adapted into Danny Boyle's film- "127 Hours.")

Yes, I must have tons of time on my hands. Either that, or I am teaching myself yet again about the type of commitment (and obsession) it takes reach a goal and to do something that makes your heart soar.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment