Friday, September 17, 2010

Preconceived Inceptions

I had said I would review "Inception" here, but it's been too long since I've seen it.  It seems besides the point now for me to write down what I thought about the film.  With all of the other critics out there, including those who are paid to tell you what they think, what does my opinion of Christopher Nolan's brilliant work matter?  All I will say  is that "Inception" deserves the Best Original Screenplay award as much as Pulp Fiction did in 1994.  It is unique, suspenseful and thought-provoking.  If you've heard it's too confusing to sit through, do yourself a favor and watch it anyway.  Sit down to view it and promise yourself that you'll make no judgments and that you won't over-think it.  Don't say to yourself "I cannot keep track of all of this."  For when it fades to black, you'll let out one big breath (because you've been holding it the whole time) and realize that you followed it much more closely than you ever could have imagined.  You'll find yourself believing DiCaprio's character when he explains“Dreams feel real while we’re in them.  It’s only when we wake up that we realize something was actually strange.”

Up next:  2010 Challenges of the Challenge

No comments:

Post a Comment