Monday, November 1, 2010

Slow and Steady- or Not

I'm using all the resources at my disposal to make as much headway in my challenge as possible:  The library, Pay Per View, IMDB, Awards Daily, Fandango, VideoETA, small theatres, large theatres, local film societies and film clubs, and now- NetFlix.  From all my efforts, the following results:

Finished reading "Winter's Bone" and now have it on my DVR (through PPV) for late-night viewing.  Although, the book unsettled my soul enough I may have to consider making it a nap-time viewing.

I viewed "Solitary Man" (which is tracking because of the performance by Michael Douglas) on Pay Per View. Let me first say about the film, do not see it alone in a dark house on a Friday night. It was not scary, but the scenes in which the main character's isolation is highlighted are incredibly adept at making you sense the loneliness... and being alone just makes it feel that much stronger.

Went to a megaplex and saw "Secretariat," which is tracking because of Diane Lane's performance as Penny Chenery, a woman in a man's world who refuses to back down...  and understands (the way only a woman can) the need to let the horse just run.

Tonight, I am looking forward to taking in "Get Low" at our independent film house.  As much as I am looking forward to seeing Robert Duvall's performance, I'm really excited to see Sissy Spacek onscreen again.

I am really digging the "For Your Consideration" Ads this year, so will be featuring them in my blogs.  Where one isn't available, I'll try to use the film poster images like I did last year.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

1 comment: