Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Early Day(s)

I am yearning for bed, but needed to post this baseline blog so that I had a starting block from which to begin the race.

The Oscar Noms were announced SO early and by now it's been beat to death in the blogs that Nolan was robbed. I wonder how he feels about it all.

For me, I am better off than last year, but still have so far to go. Marathon, not sprint. I have seen 18 out of the 56 nominated. I have another 5 in my Netflix queue, and another 4 I can knock out at the theatres. When the Oscar Shorts come to town (around 2/11) I'll wrap up an easy 10. The harder work will be in finding films out of the theatre and not on DVD until March. Less hard but still a chore will be arranging field trips to the cities to see films like "127 Hours" "Biutiful" and "Blue Valentine."

My immediate work begins tomorrow with "Salt." Kudos to my friend Seán for calling that nod back in the fall.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment